Sporting Upper Limb Course - Ian Gatt
ABOUT IAN GATT
Ian Gatt – Head of Performance Services & Lead Physiotherapist for GB Boxing; Ian has been a sport physiotherapist for over 20 years, with a considerable period spent managing the medical services for the Great Britain Boxing program. He has attended all major competitions supporting elite athletes on their path to success through Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012, Rio 2016, and current Tokyo 2020 Olympic cycles. Ian is an Upper Limb Injury Specialist with the prestigious English Institute of Sport (EIS) providing an advisory role to Olympic and Paralympic Sports. Further, he provides private specialist consultations on Upper Limb MSK injuries in the UK and Overseas.
Ian has a passion for teaching, delivering regular national and international educational workshops/conferences/webinars on diverse areas linked to Upper Limb sport injuries. He is a visiting Lecturer at both University College London (UCL) and Queen Mary University College London (QMUL), and a PhD candidate in Upper Limb Biomechanics at Sheffield Hallam University (SHU).
‘Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life’ Confucius
Follow Ian on Twitter (@iangattphysio), Instagram (@iangattgattman) and Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ian-gatt-b169523b/)
- Functional overview of the applied mechanics of the Upper Limb to improve overall understanding in this region.
- Discussion, demonstration and practice of Assessment and Treatment approaches for the Upper Limb
- Kinetic Chain considerations of the Upper Limb to enhance assessment and treatment approaches
- Clinical reasoning for treatment and rehabilitation progression, with use of case studies and appropriate objective measures
- Use of objective measures for Upper Limb to enhance return to sport/performance
DATES & TICKETS
DAY 1: 9.30 - 17.00
DAY 2: 9.00 - 16.00